zaterdag 7 mei 2011

Attention span

I swear to God, if "gets easily distracted" was something you can add to a resume, it would be on top of mine.
Un-be-lievable. One of the, or even the main one, reasons that I never seem to finish stuff is because due to my gnat-like attention span there is always something else across the fence. And I'm not referring to the grass.

This is however the reason why I started this blog in the first place, as the Ooh! Shiney! syndrome is common with many gamers, but I for one have tired of it. Still, that doesn't mean it won't happen from time to time, and what do you know, it happend again yesterday.

So what happend? BUF happend. No, not the B-52 (thats a BUFF), but these guys:

Don't worry, I haven't gone right wing all of a sudden. In the last few months, I've been browsing the laF forum and more recently a article in Miniature Wargames about A Very British Civil War, or VBCW for short. Something clicks inside my head when I read about it or see pictures. I've tried telling myself I should just look at the pretty pictures and be done with it, for a few very simple reasons:
- It's aimed at 28mm
- It's more of a Brit thing
- Who are you going to play with?

Still, I could not get it out of my head, so grabbed my bits box to see if I had anything suitable in 20mm to do up "just for fun" . 10 minutes later I had 5 models and a post up at The Guild enquiring for possibilities in 20mm. Which turned out to be a lot, there seems to be more available in Gods own scale then in 28mm. Which in turn nudged me to paint up 2 models, 1 being a representation of myself. The gloss varnish on them is drying now, I'll matte them tomorrow when it has fully hardend. Don't worry, you will see them.

Piers has already kindly offered to use his BEF to shoot them on sight so they will be with me on my trip to Ireland next week. And I'm hoping this is the end of my interest in the VBCW as I have more then enough work to do in other periods to be spending time on yet another one!

Now, to end this ramble, I have a short attention span. I've gobbled up a lot of information about the VBCW in a short time, and with these 2 models I hope to have fulfilled my curiosity. I should not spend any time on this when other projects, with deadlines no less, demand a lot of effort to get them done in time. So here goes nothing....

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ah, yes, VBCW. I understand the temptation. Be strong and resist, but do paint up some teasers for us. Gunbird-style!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen