woensdag 28 maart 2012

Minimi GAZ-AA truck with open bed review.

I was painting a few newly released open backed GAZ-AA trucks from Minimi, finished one that was going into the Flak build, saw the SA-7 one and gave up. Originally meant it for Crimson Skies, a generic Ford truck, it would do nicely in a civillian WW2 setting, albeit it an elderly truck.



As usual, I ask Minimi to cast it for me without base. Specially cast for me, they arrive here, and when they arrive I tend to let them breathe for a week or so to let the resin fully cure. I tend to find that if I wash and clean them straight away the resin sometimes feels tacky, hence why.
Of the 3 models ordered, I only had 2 that had 1 airbubble, 1 in the flatbed of one model (not so easily filled) and one in the tire of another (easily filled)



For a one piece casting these are very good, you have no assembly of any parts, due to the special request for a no-base you might lose a bit of the tire here and there but thats ok with me.  4.60 Pounds per model, and the flatbed gives you more options, be it cargo, troops or even AA guns. Or as in this case, as a civillian one.

Compared to the Minimi GAZ-AAA


If you want to save time on building a fleet of trucks for your Russians, this could be the one to get.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Fantastic work mate!
    Minimi could be an option. I bought mine from Frontline. But even if I'd bought them from Minimi, I don't think I would be able to paint it so good as you did!
    T.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I have those exact trucks from Minimi and I was happy with the way they came out. Now mine look like something done with crayon by a drunk chipmunk. Damn you, sir!
    Thanos, get some of these. I've seen your painting and the will look great, I promise.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen