zondag 24 februari 2013

Big Blue

My biggest building to date, when cutting the board I was going to build an even bigger house, but after slaping myself with a ruler I reminded myself that a bigger house just won't fit my cabinets. And with bigger I actually mean wider, my cabinets are 28 cm's deep so that is the max.





So far, it has given me the following ideas:
- A Gouvernors or Mayors house
- A hotel
- A police or militia station
- A radio station
- A political parties office

...and if I think really hard (or have a beer) I'd propably come up with a dozen more. Lots of windows in this one, it really pays off to keep refreshing those blades. Lots of doors too, now with knobs....the tops of pins snipped off and stuck on. And a small rock line from kitty litter (unused).

The bit on top is actually part of my 6mm Van Der Valk hotel sign I just grabbed from the spares box, just to see if it fits. And it does.

Somewhere this week I wil have to find the time to sand the edges of the base and the building and give it a few coats of Gesso.

3 opmerkingen: